Alrite all you computer-savvy weirdos out there, I got something to sink yer teeth into!
Vagrant Video is releasing their next Hi Def Suckfest in the fall, the long lost but soon to be notorious 1970s epic ANGEL AND THE BEASTS, and we need a few good freaks to come up with some art to sell this bad boy.
Heres the deal. First agree to the terms of the contest. If you submit an image and you don’t read the rules at the bottom of the page don’t cry to us. Then, take the pack of images HERE and put together something original and crazy. I know most of you haven’t seen this movie but it don’t matter. You got a shit load of original movie posters, lobby cards, and various international VHS boxes to look at to get a vibe for the flick. Also go with the synopsis that Bilo wrote for the screening we did in Toronto last month :
“A rich snobby husband and wife decide that the best way to ditch the old buzzard’s horny mistress is to toss her kozy kooch out of a flying plane. Too bad for them she grabbed a parachute and managed to land on an island alive..and still hot to trot! Too bad for her the island just happened to be a hide out of seedy scumbags who see this fallen angel as a gift from the gods, a gift that is theirs for the taking! Squirt out a weeks worth of leather clad bikers, machine guns and more cock flop this side of Bad Lieutenant make ANGEL AND THE BEASTS a rusty slice to your juggler ! A Red Hot, action packed, super spectacular shit kicker that make you forget every other movie ever made!!! “
Then depending on how many entries we get we’ll pick a winner. The way we choose ( or you choose ) will be decided when we know how many entries we’re getting. The winner(s) shall receive :
- A numbered limited edition VHS of ANGEL AND THE BEASTS with their credited artwork on the front cover
- A copy of ANGEL AND THE BEASTS on DVD or Bluray ( their preference )
- A full size theatrical ANGEL AND THE BEASTS poster of their own artwork
- A credit on the DVD/ Bluray itself
Also, all submitted entries will be used on the DVD / Bluray in a slideshow as part of the extra features.
NOW, HERE ARE THE RULES :
- All ideas, materials, or suggestions submitted shall become the property of GRIMBROTHERS Entertainment ( GB Ent. ) and GB Ent. may use such ideas, materials, or suggestions in whole or in part at GB Ent.’s sole discretion. All communications and other materials (including without limitation unsolicited ideas, suggestions, or materials) you send to the Site or to GB Ent. by e-mail or otherwise are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of GB Ent. and may be used by GB Ent. for any proper purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the submitter.
- All submissions must be original works. Do not submit copyrighted materials or copyrighted ideas. Please send only original pieces, and use the above design materials as reference only. Do not submit a collage of the original unaltered photographs.
- Images must either contain a title card for ANGEL and the BEASTS or leave subsequent space for a title.
- Space for a credit block will be used at the bottom of the image so try not to make it too busy or crowded as it will be covered on the movie poster.
- Finished work must be submitted in the following formats : Photoshop .PSD, .jpeg. .TIFF, .PNG, or .PDF
- Finished artwork must fill an image size of 13.5″ x 20″ at 300 dpi ( or 4050 x 6000 pixels)
- Submissions can be sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by FTP. Info for uploading larger files via FTP available upon request by email above.
- Deadline for submitting is Aug 19th at 11:59 pm est.
- Do better than this piece of shit poster used in Toronto:
Winners will be announced shortly after contests closing. Thanks everyone